Sunday, May 16, 2004

Last night I attended the wedding of a high school friend, Ms. Anna Beth Allen, and her college beau, Tommy Tidwell. Much fun was had by all, and it turns out that "how you doin'" conversations can be quite enjoyable in the wake of mimosas and bellinis. And wine. And stiff stiff drinks.

I actually didn't need to retreat into a cave of alcohol to encounter faces from my past, and I had a good time. We'll avoid the usual dive into how surreal the actual ceremony was, because that's too much opining even for a blog. The truth of the matter: marriage is ready for you when you are ready for it.

My dad, in usual fiesta philosopher form, made a good point. Marriage doesn't matter one bit. It's a finalization, a contract, a word. Life doesn't change after marriage if the bride and groom were living together, existing together, attacking life together, etc. What does change a couple's life? Children. That's something in itself.

And on Sunday we rest.

No comments: