Monday, May 03, 2004

More than two weeks since my last post, but give me a break. I graduated, you nimrods!

On Friday, I was part of a ceremony that I will remember, as opposed to the one that I will participate in on Saturday. The Grady College had a little awards banquet, followed by our convocation at The Classic Center. I was given a certificate for my Hearst Award and a paperweight, respectively, and it was just right.

In the audience I could see my parents and girlfriend, and I could see pride and relief. Not only could I see it, but feel it and embrace it. Like a plant feels sun, like a baby feels a blanket.

I have to admit, in the weeks leading up to the event, I wasn't too thrilled about the whole experience. I felt like I had still something to achieve. Now I realize that is not the case. I've done a lot. I have so much more to do.

I think horoscopes are huge wastes of resources -- time, ink, paper, salary (for the writers), emotion, thought. I read one the other day that made sense, though, and maybe that is the case only because it touched me. "Life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself." It added something.

In the coming weeks, expect more posts. It's time to work on freelance articles and finding how I'm going to bite life in the neck and draw blood. Good night.

No comments: